10 hours per week: Term-time only.
HC3 (SCP010 – SCP013) £3,515 – £3,712 per annum
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and committed person to this post who will work with the Subject Leader of Design and Technology. Days and times of work can be flexible and will be discussed at interview. The post is to start as soon as possible.
The successful candidate may have some experience in practical work using wood and/or metal, although other materials and technologies would be considered.
The duties of the workshop assistant are varied but do include the following:
- preparation of materials for pupil activities
- construction and adaptation of teaching aids
- sharpening and re-conditioning hand tools
- routine maintenance of equipment including health and safety checks
- willingness to undergo training in the use of CAD/CAM equipment
All relevant qualifications and experience will be taken into consideration. Training regarding health and safety will be available. This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring service (DBS) check. People considering applying for this post are encouraged to contact the school for a pre-application visit.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 7th February 12:00 noon and interviews will be held on Friday 16th February.