Weobley High- Drama
We teach drama for one hour a week to all pupils in Year 8 and 9.
We also offer GCSE Drama to students at KS4.
- Students work collaboratively in order to achieve a shared goal. The subject fosters social and inter-personal skills.
- Much of the work is creative: during a single lesson, students often construct a meaningful piece of drama.
- Students are regularly encouraged to reflect upon what they have achieved or learned.
- Independent learning is an inescapable fact of life for the student of drama.
- Pupils regularly evaluate their own work during lessons; they are also given frequent opportunities to reflect on their learning experiences in written form. We have incorporated a section for parents to complete at the end of every evaluation sheet.
- The new S.O.W. at KS3 incorporates regular opportunities for pupils to evaluate their own work.
- As a department we also appreciate pupils’ opinions, therefore we have included a fun interactive quiz on our VLE. Why not take it and see if you’re more of a backstage helper, supportive actor or star performer.
- We work together with the Music and Art department to produce a summer show, alternating between a Big Show and Variety Concert allowing all at Weobley a chance to participate in Drama.
School Production – The Wiz