Behaviour and Rewards
To provide for every child a disciplined but helpful environment.
To maximise for each child his/her ability to participate in, to contribute to and gain enjoyment from their education.
To give each child an awareness of responsibility to society.
The Behaviour Policy aims to:
Foster a positive culture based on praise and reward, leading to consistently high standards of work and behaviour.
Encourage pupils to take responsibility for their own behaviour.
Reward pupils who obey the Code of Conduct and work to the best of their ability.
Achieve consistent rewards and sanctions.
The teaching staff will use the following approach
- They will praise good behaviour and achievement and use the school’s reward system consistently;
- Key rules will be reinforced whenever possible by acknowledging pupils who are following them;
- Prior to making a negative check on anyone, the teacher will draw attention to those who are following the Code of Conduct. This will give pupils who break rules a chance to improve behaviour rather than receiving a sanction.
- It will be made clear to pupils that they have a choice – they may choose not to have a punishment by complying with the rules; choice reinforces personal responsibility for actions.
- Teacher will set clear objectives and will give instructions through simple , direct language.
- Sanctions will be applied consistently.
- Pupils will be expected to follow two Codes of Conduct: `The School Code of Conduct’ governing behaviour around school and, `The Classroom Code of Conduct’ which particularly relates to behaviour in lessons.
Whole School Rewards
There will be:
- Praise from members of staff.
- Good conduct certificates.
- Out of school trips.
- Certificates and badges for achievement.
- An achievement award at the annual prize giving.
- Organisation (being well-equipped for lessons)
- Consideration of others
- Care for the environment
- Contribution to Community Activities
Learning Co-Ordinator Commendation
Achievement merits and certificates are awarded for ‘A’ grade work and for exceptional effort.