Weobley High – Drama
- Much of the work is creative: during a single lesson, students often construct a meaningful piece of Drama.
- Students are regularly encouraged to reflect upon what they have achieved or learned.
- Independent learning is an inescapable fact of life for the student of Drama.
- Pupils regularly evaluate their own work during lessons; they are also given frequent opportunities to reflect on their learning experiences in written form. We have incorporated a section for parents to complete at the end of every evaluation sheet.
- The new S.O.W. at KS3 incorporates regular opportunities for pupils to evaluate their own work. This changes to reflect current trends and embeds interview techniques.
- As a department we also appreciate pupils’ opinions, therefore we have included a fun interactive quiz on our VLE. Why not take it and see if you’re more of a backstage helper, supportive actor or star performer.
- We work together with the Music and Art department to produce a summer show, alternating between a Big Show and Variety Concert allowing all at Weobley a chance to participate in Drama.
There is also an opportunity to attend a KS3 Drama club once a week and at KS4 Drama we also offer students the ability to learn and work with the more technical aspects of the G.C.S.E course.
There are also spare Edexcel revision guides and the Edexcel Drama Workbook for sale if any pupils wish to purchase them or see me for the codes. All KS4 have a set text.
Les Mis Production